PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS AND ADVOCATING IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- WVEA Help Center – WVEA provides a Help Center, staffed by Member Advocacy Specialists from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each school day. The WVEA Help Center is a members-only service. When you need answers, call 1.866.568.WVEA (1.866.568.9832) or email your requests directly. You will find a link to the Help Center on the WVEA Homepage. Click on the link, fill in the inquiry form and hit “submit.” We assure a speedy response.
- Liability Insurance – If you are sued, liability insurance will provide you with an attorney and \$1 MILLION coverage for each judgement against you. A detailed description of the liability policy is available on WVEA Homepage, or by request.
- Legislative Action – WVEA is recognized as the most effective voice for educators in your county, community, state. WVEA advocates for its members. WVEA’s legislative agenda is set by members at the annual Delegate Assembly
- Legal Assistance – Any time you have a question about your employment rights or benefits, our staff will be able to answer those questions. the WVEA Help Center or WVEA staff will advocate for you with your administration, answer any questions you have or represent you in your concerns. If you should need legal assistance, WVEA’s attorneys are the best in the state in employment-related law and school law. It’s all free to WVEA members.
- Representation – Whenever decisions about education employees are made, WVEEA is there representing your interests. WVEA represents members in employment issues, legislative decisions and before other decision-making bodies. WVEA also represents you in meetings at the WVBE, CPRB, WVDE, and the PEIA Finance Board.
FINANCIAL SERVICES AND DISCOUNT PROGRAMS
- Its Pays to be a Member – WVEA is committed to helping you save your hard-earned money. You can always count on WVEEA to provide access to a vast array of valuable money-saving programs. Our member benefits programs are specifically designed to meet your needs and save your money.
- NEA Member Benefits – for more than half a century, NEA Member Benefits has enhanced the lives of NEA members and their families through advocacy, service, and information. Their services help members increase their economic security through financial services, insurance programs, and investment advice. Additional discounts allow you to maximize your hard-earned dollars through consumer discounts and special travel and leisure offers.
NEA Member Benefits also offers free member education guides. The guides cover critical topics such as the ins-and-outs of the managing credit to understanding insurance and Medicare to building financial security.
For additional information on all the services offered through NEA Member Benefits, visit the NEA Members Benefits Web Site or call toll free at 1.800.637.4636 (Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
LISTED BELOW IS A SAMPLING OF THE SERVICES THROUGH NEA MEMBER BENEFITS
- NEA Credit Card Program
- NEA Home Financing Program
- NEA Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae
- NEA Personal Loan
- NEA National Board Certification LoanInsurance Programs
- NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan
- NEA AD\&D Insurance Plan
- NEA Auto and Home Insurance program
- NEA Homeowners Insurance
- NEA Long-Term Care Insurance program
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program
- NEA Pet InsuranceInvestment Programs
- Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Program
- NEA-Sponsored Money Market Account and NEA Sponsored CDProfessional Resources
- NEA Academy
- Carson-Dellosa Publishing
- Discount Programs
- NEA Auto Purchase Advantage Program
- NEA Click \& Save
- NEA Magazine Service
- Collete Vacations
- NEA Vision and Prescription Savings Plan
- NEA ID Theft Protection Program Insurance
Insurance NEA Compliment Life Insurance (formally NEA DUES-TAB) – All members can take advantage of free life and AD\&D insurance coverage provided by NEA Member Benefits.
- A guaranteed benefit provided at no cost
- Up to \$1000 of term life insurance
- Up to \$5000 of accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Up to \$50,000 of AD\&D insurance for any covered accident that occurs while on the job or serving as an Associate Leader
- Up to \$150,000 of life insurance for unlawful homicide while on the job.